Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Final Exams

May 12th concluded my final exams here at the University of Limerick (although many students had finals scheduled until May 19th).  As I said before, a vast majority of the finals are essay question, and you are given between 2-2.5 hours per test. I have been so used to multiple choice exams I found it a bit more difficult trying to adapt to this essay style. It was a week of incessant studying, takeaway eating, and little sleep for many. Some students had exams worth 100% of their grade...There were 12 full teaching weeks throughout the semester and then what is called a "reading week" which takes place the week before final exams.  This is designed to provide extra time for studying the material learned throughout the semester, as most finals are cumulative. We are supposed to find out final grades this June.
*My computer has been broken so I will post more pictures and things to come! :)